Monday, May 23, 2011

This is what we've been doing...

THE BEACH!! And, we are having so much fun. It's only Monday night, and I already dread going home on Saturday. The weather has been AMAZING! Warm, but not burning up, with a nice breeze. I'm hoping it stays this way all week. We are at the Beach Club in Fort Morgan, AL. We stayed here last year, and we are loving it again this year.

Sally Sharp enjoyed her first visit to the beach this afternoon! She loved it! She crawled around and chased the sea gulls. She picked up the sand and rubbed it in her fingers...it was definitely a new texture for her, and she loved discovering it! She also didn't mind the waves washing up onto her chunky little legs. It was a fun first for us!

I must say that my little Avi is swimming quite well. Prior to coming to the beach, she took 4 weeks of swimming lessons (her first lessons). When we got here on Saturday, we ventured to the pool, and she did pretty well. She was very confident in the water, but her swimming left a little to be desired. However, yesterday and today she has improved drastically! I am so proud of my little fish. She is swimming everywhere and having a blast doing it!

This is the sweetest video of Avi on the beach. She is loving the sand this year (she's still a little afraid of the ocean, and I'm pretty okay with that). She really is a sweet child, and I am enjoying every minute of this vacation with both of my girls.

P.S. If the videos are off to the left on your screen, I have no idea why. I can't figure out how to fix it...for another evening! Off to play some Bananagrams with the fam.

1 comment:

  1. What great memories you and the girls are making!!! I LOVED the post!!

    ReplyDelete