Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beach Fun!

We had so much fun at the beach last week!! I truly did not want to come home. The weather was absolutely perfect the entire week: 85 degrees and breezy. The girls were great. We enjoyed the company of my older sister and her kids and my mom (we missed my younger sister but she was having fun on her own trip!). I just can't tell you how wonderful and relaxing this trip was for me, and boy did I need it!

Sally Sharp has become very mobile over the last several weeks. She started pulling up while we were at the beach (on Monday, May 23rd to be exact), so as you can imagine, she did not sit still for any length of time! One particular afternoon we were getting ready to go to the pool, and she was leaned back and relaxing (for probably the first time all week!). It was very sweet, and I love this picture of her relaxed with her sister looking on. Of course, they were already slathered with sunscreen, so excuse the white faces!

Sally Sharp loved the sand. It did not bother her in the least. She crawled all around in it. She even put it in her mouth several times, and it didn't phase her. She kept right on about what she was doing! Avi also had a great time in the sand this year. She played and played in the sand and by the end of the week also loved looking for seashells and jumping the waves at the edge of the ocean.

Sally Sharp loved to "steal" Avi's sand toys as she was playing with them!

Avi became fond of jumping the waves as they came into the shore. Thankfully she became brave enough to jump them without having to hold someone's hand by the last day! Ha.

AND, she also slept. I love seeing my babies sleep. I wasn't brave enough to take a picture of Sally Sharp, though! More pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. So precious!!! SS has gotten SO big! Love the pictures. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete