Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bow Head

Can anyone say bow head? That's what my sweet little Sally Sharp is in this picture! Love, love, love it! Avi thinks it's great to put her headbands with bows on them on Sally Sharp, and I must admit it makes for one cute little miss. She doesn't keep them on very long, but I was able to snap a few pictures the other day. This picture makes me smile! Oh, and yes, I am a month behind in posting this, but here are Sally Sharp's 6 month stats:
16 pounds (50th percentile)
26.25 inches long (75th percentile)
Overall, she's doing great according to the pediatrician!

We have had one busy semester (yes, I still mark my calendar in semesters--that's how my life revolves--in semesters!). Going back to work and getting out of the house each morning has been very challenging to say the least. My friends Karyn & Michael Brown were able to finalize the adoption of their adorable, sweet, infectious son, Diwas. I taught a class for Karyn while she was in Nepal (and I wouldn't have had it any other way), my mom had quadruple bypass heart surgery 3 weeks ago, I had federal jury duty the entire month of February (thankfully I only had to go one day), and now both girls have been sick since Sunday! Can you say overload? Needless to say we have been busy adjusting to life with mommy back at work full time. I hope we are on the downhill of "things" coming up for the semester!

Avi loves her headbands. Until this school year, she had been wearing barrettes in her hair every day. Most of them didn't make it home; frustrating to say the least, but they were just barrettes. I bought her some headbands with her fall wardrobe, and she has been addicted ever since. Lately she loves to put as many headbands on her head that will fit. She thinks it's pretty hilarious. That huge bow on Sally Sharp's head just makes me laugh every time I look at it!


What an adorable bathing beauty, huh?! Sally Sharp loves bath time. We love bath time too because that means bedtime is right around the corner! Ha!

It is simply hard to believe Sally Sharp is old enough to sit in this swing. I must say, she loved it! She sat in the swing (swinging and just sitting and looking) for at least 30 minutes on this particular day. We have really enjoyed the nice weather we have had lately. Spring can't get here fast enough for our household!

Avi is such a great big sister. In this picture, she is wiping the drool off of Sally Sharp's chin!! I was trying to get a good shot of them before church one Sunday. That didn't happen, but I thought this picture was sweet of Avi helping her little sister.

And, of course, Sally Sharp is enjoying lots of different baby foods these days. She hasn't really met a food she doesn't like yet. Avi would never eat green beans, but Sally Sharp pretty much loves everything. She HATES to be cleaned off after she eats, though! She pretty much throws a fit when you try to wipe her mouth and hands. Her favorite thing to do when she eats is to put her feet in her mouth! I have to make sure I put the tray on the high chair because if I don't, the next thing I know, she will have her toes in her mouth, and you know what that means...baby food everywhere!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Kelli, these are WONDERFUL!!!! That bath time one needs to be entered into some contest - somewhere!! Thanks for posting them. I miss them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! Your two girls are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete