Friday, March 18, 2011

Birmingham Zoo

Avi, Laura Leigh (Avi's cousin) and I headed to the Birmingham zoo Thursday for a little spring break fun. It was an eventful day. We started out at the Carter's outlet to get Avi some summer clothes. We ate lunch at Chick-fil-a and all was going well UNTIL...2 people dressed as cows came out from behind the counter at Chick-fil-a! Avi had a meltdown and kept saying loudly, "Mommy tell them not to get near me. I don't ever want to see those costumes again." It went on until we finally were able to leave. She was physically shaking and holding on to me for dear life! Wow! Who knew costumed cows could be so frightful?

The zoo had a fun (but very small) climbing area for the kids. It was packed just like the zoo. The girls enjoyed it, but it was hard to get too high on it with so many children trying to do the same thing.

Oh, and Avi got a major haircut on Tuesday. I love her hair short, but I have a terrible time of keeping it that way. I'm going to try to do better about keeping it cut. It is so much easier to deal with when it is short.

All of the animals were pretty boring while we were there. I was hoping to see some animals in action, but it didn't happen this visit! Maybe next time.

I've always thought zebras were really pretty. Avi wasn't too impressed. By the time we got around to the "good" animals, she was worn out! I will have to work my timing better next time!



This is an anteater. It was HUGE. I don't guess I had ever seen an anteater prior to this zoo trip--an interesting animal.

No comments:

Post a Comment