Monday, August 30, 2010

My sweet girls & a late birthday shout out

Although my last post was an update on Sally Sharp, I failed to mention she is now over a month old! Hard to believe. She is becoming more interactive, and it is fun to watch her discover her surroundings. Yesterday Avi asked if she could hold Sally Sharp if she did it "real slow, mama!" We opted instead to have SS sit next to her. Avi was satisfied with that, thankfully. However, Sally Sharp wasn't too happy by the time we got around to this, so it didn't last long! Oh, and yes, Avi has her shirt on backwards. She put it on "all by myself" and we just never turned it around!

Yesterday was DREW'S BIRTHDAY. We gave him a "free afternoon" (did I mention I am teaching a 10th grade girls Sunday School class and Drew stays home with SS while Avi and I go to Sunday School?? So, he didn't get the whole day.) to do whatever he wanted to do. While he was out of the house yesterday afternoon, Avi and I planned to make him a birthday cake. We were doing great and Avi was very excited about getting to stir the cake batter...until I realized I made a major goof. Instead of putting 1 and 1/4 cups of water in the mix, I put 1 and 1/4 VEGETABLE OIL in the cake mix. Needless to say the cake was ruined, and the worst part was I didn't have another cake mix in the house (don't judge...I don't have time to make a cake from scratch). So, we had to confess to Drew what I had done when he got home, and he had to do without a cake. Sad, but the realities of having 2 kids I guess. If it had been just Avi and I at home, we would have run to the store to get another mix, but Sally Sharp kind of threw a wrench into "running" to the store, ha! All that to say, Happy Birthday, Drew (one day late)!! We love you and thank you for being such a great dad.

We got the play mat out about a week ago, and I just started putting Sally Sharp on it at the end of last week. She loves the mirror and just looks at herself for about 10 minutes straight. She also likes to kick her feet while on the mat. Of course, Avi loves to get on the mat with her. Avi is very sweet to SS. She pats her on the head and gives her lots of kisses. If SS starts to cry, she says, "It's okay, Sally Sharp, Mommy and Avi are here with you." So sweet.

Finally, the swing. Thank you, Lord, for the swing. We borrowed this from my wonderful friend Cappe, and it has been a hit. She L.O.V.E.S. the swing and the mobile on the swing. Thanks, Cappe for loaning it to us. Makes babyland a lot more bearable! Frees my hands up a good bit!

1 comment:

  1. Sally Sharp is getting so big and changing so much. I can't wait to see her this week-end!!! Give them both a hug from Nana.

    ReplyDelete