Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Are you TANGLED?

In Rapunzel's hair that is! Avi and her friends will be soon! She is having a Tangled-themed birthday party this year! I'm sure it will be lots of fun. I'm not sure why I thought making these invitations would be fun, though. I found a tutorial for these invitations, and thought, oh this is a great idea for Avi's invitations.


So, I ventured out to create my own version (see above) of the invitations. Don't get me wrong, I think they turned out really cute, and I'm very pleased with them. BUT, it took a lot longer than I thought it would to make them (I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to designing things). And, for goodness sake, I haven't used a hot glue gun in YEARS! There should be a warning on that thing that says, "This hot glue gun is very hot and can burn your fingers. Be very careful." OH WAIT, there is a warning that states that...hahaha, just joking, but I did "burn" my fingers several times, which made me remember why I hadn't used a hot glue gun in YEARS! Anyway, I think Drew felt sorry for me last night because he even offered to braid some of the "hair" for the invitations! If you know my husband, you are probably laughing about now. But, nevertheless, I thought it was a kind gesture, even though I didn't take him up on his offer. So, anyway, I ended up only making JUST enough to give to Avi's friends and to keep one for memories. Sorry family members, you are not getting one this year. You will have to marvel at my wonderful creation on the Internet!

1 comment:

  1. Well I'm totally impressed. That invite looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete