Friday, July 29, 2011

The joys of a 1 year old!

I must say I remember loving this stage with Avi, but watching Sally Sharp's little personality develop and seeing her hit milestones has really been such a joy! It is truly amazing how she seems to have gone from a baby to an almost toddler overnight. I say almost toddler because she's not walking yet! Here is a list of a few things she is doing that make me laugh and smile:

1. Scooting--instead of crawling, the girl has always scooted across the floor; She can crawl, but rarely does it because she can get where she's going much faster by scooting (see video below!).

2. Clapping--she started clapping last Saturday morning
(July 23) in her high chair while eating breakfast!

3. Thank You--or actually "Tant Tu" is more like how it sounds;
she started repeating the sounds about a week ago. It is not always used in the right context, but it is absolutely adorable to hear her say it!

4. Hello--if you say hello, she puts her hand up to her ear! Wonder
where she's seen that?! She will also put the phone up to her ear
if she happens to be playing with it.

5. All Done--she has been giving me the sign for all done for about 2 months now, but just this weekend she started twisting her hands for the correct motion of the sign! You can see what it should look like here if you are interested.

6. More--she started trying to do the sign for more yesterday at my parent's house. You can see what the sign for more should look like here.

7. Standing on her Own--she's also beginning to stand on her own and likes to clap for herself when she accomplishes it! It won't be long before she is taking steps and walking!

I've never been an overly sentimental gal or one to spend time reveling over, "Oh, this is the last time she will do (fill in the blank)!" But, I have to admit that thinking about Sally Sharp potentially being our last baby in the house has given me a new perspective! It pulls at my heartstrings to think we will not watch another BABY Anthony grow through the many wonderful stages of life. As we all know, nothing is for certain, and we trust God will lead us to the right decision for our family, but it certainly makes watching Sally Sharp even more of fun!


I just get a little emotional looking at pictures of her! She makes me smile; it's something about those big eyes that just draw you in and make you not look away!

And, who can resist that grin with those 2 sweet teeth sticking up?!

Who me? I'm just chillaxin in my new chair I got for my birthday!

The sweetest smile.

She was much more interested in this cupcake than she was in her smash cake...


can you tell...

how much she like it?!

And don't let her fool you, she wasn't smiling in this picture! She
HATED the hat, and so did Avi when I put it on her at her 1st birthday party! It's so stinking cute, though, how could I resist putting it on her--if only for a few seconds?!


Avi is very into making funny faces for the camera these days.
It totally cracks me up! She's such a funny girl.

And, of course Avi got to enjoy a cupcake for Sally Sharp's birthday too!


Here is the video of her scooting. She can move!

2 comments:

  1. Angel Face. SO bummed that she and Lauren aren't in the same class for next year. Will be making special trips to SS's room for that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos!!!!! You are blessed with a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete