Wednesday, August 31, 2011

And all of God's people said, "Amen."

At least that's what I'm saying (and probably all of our friends and family are saying!). I mean, we've only been working on this house for almost 14 months now. There are still a few minor things to be finished on the inside, and the shutters still are not on the outside of the house (coming soon), but I can actually say that we are pretty much finished! Overall, I'm pleased with the final product...now let the moving begin. It will still be several weeks before we move in for good (of course it turns out that when the house is complete, we have too much going on to move), but I will begin moving items for each room slowly and trying to get things organized before we really move into the house!

The front entry way to the house, which leads to...

the wonderful stairs! I'm in love with them. We've been waiting on the treads for over a month, and they were well worth the wait! I am also very pleased with how the stair railing turned out.

The top half of the stair treads.

The back deck and patio.

The back yard.

The balcony off the upstairs guest suite (handrail to come!).

All of the storage on the front side of my kitchen island. I'm sure I will find plenty of things to fill up these cabinets!

They need cleaning, but these are the pendants over the island in the kitchen.

Master bathroom vanity.

My bathtub. Oh how I'm in love. I had to fight for this thing, and it was well worth it. Love, love L.O.V.E. it. I had to remind Drew how much his bike cost when he told me I was crazy to spend that much on a tub :).

Door into the master bedroom. All of the interior doors look like this. They are reclaimed cypress doors from New Orleans.

Back wall of the kitchen with all of my cabinets. I used Terry Jones (Jones Home Design in Starkville) for my cabinets. They were great to work with. Check them out if you are looking for semi-custom cabinets that look very custom!

Powder room. I got all of my bathroom sinks, toilets, and faucets from Southern Pipe in Starkville. Jesse Clare was wonderful to work with.

Vanity in the guest suite upstairs. I found the medicine cabinet at an antique store pretty cheap; I think it cleaned up really nicely.

Guest suite double shower.

Tin ceiling in the guest suite. One of my favorite rooms.

Avi's room & sweet chandelier. Her room is pink & white stripes.

Girls' bathroom.

Cute knobs on Sally Sharp's built-ins. I found them at Anthropolgie.

Sally Sharp's room and adorable pink chandelier. I got all of my lighting (except for Avi's fixture) at Lighting Unlimited in Columbus. They are fabulous to work with. I highly recommend them!

4 comments:

  1. YEA!!! So happy for y'all! Love the house tour! Those interior doors are so cool! Love all the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the exposed wood and brick!!! LOVE it! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats. Fav part is the exposed brick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love it! I know you are thrilled! Love the stairs, love the tub, love the kitchen, love the exposed brick, love the exposed beams...what great taste you have! I know it will be a true joy when you get to move in!

    ReplyDelete