Monday, January 10, 2011

Rice Cereal & Great Memaw

I can't believe Sally Sharp is already old enough for baby food. She had her first rice cereal on Christmas Eve. She actually did really well with it on her first eating. The first couple of times we fed it to her, her hands were all in the way, but she has learned to keep them down (most of the time) while she is eating. She loves to put the bib in her mouth when she gets full, but at least we have a sign she doesn't want much more.

She has also tried and likes Squash, Peas, Oatmeal & Apple Sauce. I gave her carrots today for the 2nd time, and she smacked her lips as she ate them. She also was holding her mouth open before I could get another bite on the spoon. I take those as signs she really likes them!

We visited with my Grandmother (Memaw Wilson--my mom's mother & Sally Sharp's namesake) the Monday after Christmas. It was nice to see her feeling so well. She was in the hospital for several days a couple of weeks before Christmas. She had a pacemaker put in; she's 94. She has recovered very well!

I love this picture. Sally Sharp didn't sit with her long, but this is such a sweet picture of the 2 of them together.

And last but not least, little miss is reading Purplicious to her babies, Amy & Penny, as she wears her "fairy princess" costume. I wish life was that simple at 34 :).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the new pictures. The ones of Sally Sharp and Memaw are really good!

    Hope y'all are getting back into a routine today. We are enjoying our second snow day :)

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete