Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little snow

So, I'm a little late in posting about the snow we got (two weeks ago). First, we had huge snow flakes that lasted for hours on Christmas day (that didn't stick), and then we found this when we woke up on Monday, January 10th. Avi was pretty excited to play in the snow. As you can tell, she and Drew made a snowman, which she promptly named Frosty. Very original! We had a hard time with our buttons we used for the eyes, nose & mouth. The "mouth" didn't want to stay on. Too bad we didn't have a carrot for the nose. As Avi said, "That's okay."


Sally Sharp & I stayed inside while they built the snowman and then joined them to take some pictures. I had to bribe Avi to take a picture with us. I guess she'd had enough picture taking by the time I asked her to take a picture with me.

I didn't post it, but when I asked Drew to take a picture of Sally Sharp and me, he was aiming the camera at the house. I said, "What are you doing? We are over here!" He said, I'm getting y'all in the picture. When I looked at the pictures later, he had this great picture of the house, and we were these little ants in the right corner of the picture! What?! Thankfully he also took another one of us, but of course it is not centered. Oh well.


I love the way the snow made Avi's tricycle and the swing look.


Fun times in the snow. Very out of the ordinary for us to have snow twice in one year. I started back to work on January 3, so we had a snow day a week later that gave us a little break. It has been quite a challenge getting 2 kids and myself out the door in the mornings. We are getting into a routine, though. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it just as the semester is ending, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment