Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th!

We had a fun, family-filled weekend celebrating Independence Day this year! On Saturday, we spent the day with my family. Both of my sisters were here with their husbands/families. We spent the day playing games and we ended the day with a great supper my mom and dad cooked. On Sunday, we stayed around our house until mid afternoon, and then we went over to Susan and John's house (Drew's aunt and uncle) in Browning Creek to spend time with his family. We enjoyed another great supper and the fun fireworks. Avi was mesmerized by the fireworks this year (she was scared of them last year). All in all, we had a fun weekend. Time to get back into the routine tomorrow. Only 2 weeks left until new baby Anthony arrives!

Avi hugged Abbi before they left, and I was grateful to get a good snapshot of them together.

Avi is very into "watching and helping" anyone cook these days. She loves to stand in a chair next to me and help me stir. Lots of fun.

She was so proud of her "little ponytail" I put in her hair yesterday. Usually I just put a barrette or a bow in, but her hair is thicker now, and the little ponytail seems to help the bow stay in better. She loves it.


More fake smiles! They're growing on me, though! I tell ya, she really is a sweet child, and she brings us so much joy. Oh and, that gap between her front teeth is awesome! I love it.

3 comments:

  1. She is so darn cute! Love her dress! Cannot believe you only have two weeks left...I bet you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's still cute despite the gap in her front teeth! The little girl is obviously enjoying in the kitchen.

    Speaking of teeth, we've just visited a dentist in Scottsdale. Dentists are friendly and amazing in that place knowing that we are new in the area.

    Thanks for sharing the incredible post!

    ReplyDelete