Monday, July 12, 2010

But WHY, mommy?

I found myself cracking up at Avi several times yesterday, so I thought I would share with you some of the things she said that made me laugh.

1. I told her it was time to get dressed for church. She said, "Am I going to wear a dress?" I said yes. She said, "Oh, I LOVE dresses, mommy!"

2. Her new thing in the past few days has been to ask WHY about EVERYTHING. Yesterday she asked me why several times in a row (and it is usually, But why, mommy?), so I asked her if she had to ask why about everything. Her response: "But, why not, mommy?!"

3. As she was eating dinner last night, I gave her some applesauce and a regular spoon. She said, "This is not my spoon. I want a colored spoon with some color on it!" Really? A colored spoon with color? So, I went and got her a plastic spoon that was colored, and she said, "Is it pink, mommy? I LOVE pink." She's not opinionated or girly!

4. Again, as she was eating dinner, all of a sudden she busted out with, "Does everybody have a daddy?" Interesting question. The easy answer...yes, sweetie, everyone has a daddy. I tried to go on to explain to her that her Papa is my daddy and her granddaddy is her daddy's daddy. Not sure that really went over well! Probably just confused her more.

5. Lastly, I took Avi to the dentist about a week ago for the first time. I didn't expect her to love it or anything, but she really acted like a baby while we were there. She wouldn't lie in the chair and she whined and cried the whole time we were with the dentist. Not fun. When we finished there, I told her I was pretty unhappy with the way she acted while we were there. I guess that was the first time I had used those words with her, because now at least 2 or 3 times a day she asks me, "Mommy, are you happy?" Wow. Maybe telling her I was unhappy was a bad choice of words? I don't want her to be worried about whether I'm happy or not! I am reassuring her we are happy, but she keeps asking!

1 comment:

  1. IK says, "Are you happy now, Mommy?" After I get on to her...it drives me crazy!

    The next time at the dentist will be better...the first time IK bit him...I about died. And the last time I took her she was an angel.

    ReplyDelete