Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Lots of Happenings

Last Friday night we went to a small fair that the Mississippi Horse Park had in Starkville. Avi had so much fun. We met up with Cory, Joan, Laura Leigh and Walt and had a good time letting the kids ride on the rides. Avi really enjoyed "driving" the cars. It was cute.

Riding in another car with Laura Leigh!

Avi also enjoyed a climbing/play gym that they had. She was really too young for it, but sweet Laura Leigh helped her go through the whole thing twice, and Avi was so excited. I'm not sure if you can tell in the picture, but she is dying out laughing coming down the slide at the end! Laura Leigh, thank you for taking time to help Avi go through the play area!

This picture cracks me up. She looks like she is glaring at me like a teenager! I made her let me take a picture of her :) at the tailgate on Saturday. I had to show off my abilities, though...I made the little outfit she is wearing in the picture (I made the pants and appliqued her name on the shirt). I was pretty proud of it.

Adorable Walt man!

Joan really had Avi's tickle box turned on at the tailgate!

We had dinner with some friends, Michele and Hans Herrmann. Their daughter, Petra, is about 9 months older than Avi, and they see each other at school a lot. They had fun playing with Petra's stash of princess dress-up clothes.
They were so cute sitting on the coffee table together!

Finally, about 2 or 3 weeks ago after church I went to grade some papers. When I got home, I saw the most magnificent rainbow I have seen in Mississippi, or anywhere for that matter, except for Hawaii. I could see both ends of the rainbow. It was just above our house, and it was beautiful. By the time I got into the house and got Avi and Drew to come out side to see it, it was almost gone. It was very neat to see, though. This picture doesn't do it justice.

2 comments:

  1. She just keeps looking older and older in all the pictures! Nice job on her cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures! All three of them are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete