Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunny San Francisco??

Drew and I have been in San Francisco since Thursday evening. We are having a wonderful time. Unfortunately, though, sunny San Francisco has turned out to be a fairly rainy San Francisco. On Friday we toured the Muirwoods Redwood forest (above picture). Thankfully the rain held off until we got back on the tour bus. Then we headed to Alcatrez where we met up with my friend Chris Bushby and a couple of her sweet friends.

This picture was taken outside Alcatrez. What a crazy place. It is so strange that there used to be a prison out on this island. Very strange. While we were touring Alcatrez, it started POURING DOWN RAIN. Thankfully the ferry was waiting on us when we came out!

Isn't this a magnificent view of the Golden Gate Bridge? I have MANY others, and I'll share more later, but I was dying to post some of our pics. Yesterday we went across the bridge and headed up this fabulous mountainside road where we got these awesome views of the city and the bridge! Very cool.


These last two pictures were taken today in Carmel. We are staying the night in Carmel tonight, and I have absolutely fallen IN LOVE with this place. I LOVE CARMEL!!!! I want to move here...those of you who know my husband are laughing your heads off right now because you know that will NEVER happen! The picture just above this one is of one of the greens at the Pebble Beach Golf Course (maybe 18th??), and this one is a picture of the shoreline just down from that in Carmel. I'm in heaven (minus the horrible rain and wind we endured today!)

Tomorrow we head up to Santa Cruz (passed through there today) to HOPEFULLY catch a glimpse of Lance Armstrong in Stage 2 of the Amgen Tour of California. Looking forward to that and praying for a break in the rain until the race is over. According to the radar, doesn't look like that prayer is going to be answered the way I want it to!!

1 comment: