Friday, February 27, 2009

Battling the Flu :(

Avi Grace coloring at home

Well the week started out normally, but by Tuesday afternoon Avi Grace was sick. She threw up at school twice on Tuesday afternoon and since then she has been running a fever. I thought she must have some type of stomach bug, but I finally took her to the doctor this morning because she was running a 103.6 temperature. Turns out, she has the FLU. I knew the high temps weren't from a stomach bug, but I also didn't expect the flu, really. On the plus side, I guess she's probably halfway through with it now. 

Avi Grace has really been interested in using a pen or pencil these days. We decided that giving her a pen to color with wasn't the best idea ever. I've been meaning to buy her some colors, so while we were at the drug store this morning getting her tamiflu, I bought her some colors. She enjoyed coloring with the green color when we got home! Actually she REALLY wanted to go outside, even though it is raining a flood here today. Thankfully the colors distracted her. We almost had a meltdown over going outside :).



These pics from the bathtub were from 2 different bath time occasions. Here hair is getting pretty long (and wild), especially in the back, so we can now make a pretty good mohawk with the shampoo. The top picture in the tub makes me wonder what in the world we are in for when she gets older!! She's like, "mom, enough already!!"

Avi Grace is really growing. Most of her pants are getting too short, but we are trying to stretch her wardrobe through the next month or so until we have warmer weather! I can't bring myself to buy her more pants and long sleeves at this point in the winter.

As I type this, she is sleeping on the couch next to me. While she has been sick, she has refused to take a nap in her bed. It has been frustrating, but I guess she just wants her mommy. I'm just thankful she is taking a nap at this point!

Avi Grace is saying ALL kinds of words. She pretty much tries to say EVERYTHING we say. Our favorite words that she is trying to say now are helicopter (tetetopter) and belly button (belloo balloo). She rolls the ls in belly and it is hysterical. Drew gets her to say it just so he can hear it and laugh! It's pretty cute. She's communicating pretty well these days, though, I must say!

5 comments:

  1. she is so adorable. I can't believe I still haven't met her!
    I hope everyone gets and stays well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so adorable. I can't believe I still haven't met her!
    I hope everyone gets and stays well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry that she has been sick! We really enjoyed hanging out with Avi when we came to MS a couple weekends ago. We were sorry to miss y'all, but had a blast with the little one. I dressed her in that same outfit she is wearing in the first pic, and told AG that it might be a little too small, but it was still cute and she could handle it :). Also, while we were waiting to eat over at Gmother and Gdaddy's house, we got out some colors and paper and she sat in my lap and colored FOREVER! She LOVED it! Also, she noticed that some of the colors did not have paper on them, and decided to pick them out one by one until she had them all! Smart little thing, she is! My favorite word she said was "ball" simply because she stuck out her tongue every time! Hilarious! I didn't think to try to get her to say more complicated words to be so entertained!! haha Sorry for the long post, maybe I should have sent an email :) Love y'all

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that AG hasn't been feeling well. That is truly the worst. Hard to believe they grow up so fast and go from crying, eating, sleeping to saying and doing things that just make you die laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. While you were in CA, we did enjoy her "talking" so much - especially her "Joel." It was hilarious!! She didn't say "belly button," but she would show hers and then try to get Mama and Daddy to show theirs! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete