Sunday, July 15, 2012

Beautiful Colorado Day 1

Avi took her first plane trips for this vacation...from Jackson to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Denver. She loved the planes and enjoyed sitting by the window from Atlanta to Denver. As she was watching Beauty & the Beast on that same flight, she looked at me and said, "Mommy, I can't keep my eyes open." So, she put her head in my lap and slept for a little over an hour on the plane. I'm so thankful she enjoyed the new experience!

She was proud that she handed her boarding pass to the attendant getting on the plane to Denver.

And, of course Drew was asleep on the plane in Jackson before we ever pulled out onto the runway. If you know Drew, you know this is typical.



She thought she was such a big girl sitting in her seat on the plane.

In Denver, we took Avi to the American Girl store for an early birthday surprise!


She picked out Julie for her birthday. Julie has brown eyes like Avi and beautiful silky blonde hair. She is a character out of the 70s. Avi loves to brush her hair and play with her clothes.

Sweet girl hugged Julie all the way to Breckenridge where we stayed the night. The temperature was 58 degrees when we arrived and it felt amazing! Adjusting to the altitude was a big adjustment, but we knew it would be so we were prepared.

2 comments:

  1. You know me - this post made me cry!!! Mainly because that little girl is growing up!! Sweet, sweet pictures, and I LOVE her early birthday present! Ya'll just have SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Hope y'all have a blast!!

    ReplyDelete