Sunday, November 15, 2009

Big Girl Panties & Boots

Yep, it's hard to believe, but we are potty training. Notice her big girl panties in the picture (Elmo panties at that)? She loves wearing big girl panties. She's been potty training with pull-ups at school since September, but it's been pretty slow going at home. Even last week I would have told you she really wasn't cognitively ready. However, all of a sudden this week she seems to have turned a corner. She tells us when she needs to go (most of the time), and she's really making some progress! We are very excited. I'm hoping to be done with diapers very soon!! Wouldn't that be a great Christmas present?!

Bob, Judy & AnnaClaire gave Avi her adorable boots for her birthday. She L.O.V.E.S. them! I have to admit, she looks pretty cute in them. As she would say, "thanks, y'all!"

Every morning this past week Avi got a pillow off my bed and would pretend to take a nap on the floor. Then she would instruct me to take her picture! I made her pose with her baby doll, Amy! Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kelli. I can NOT wait until I get home for Thanksgiving. She is just TOO cute!!!! Not that I am a prejudiced Nana Gayle or anything like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for potty training. You can feel free to send that Christmas present to me! ha. My son likes to sit on the potty but has no interest in actually going on it! I think Avi is looking VERY MUCH like you in these pics! :)

    ReplyDelete