Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No, No!


Avi Grace really enjoys saying, "No, no!" these days. The other morning she was repeatedly throwing her food off of her high chair tray, and I pointed my finger at her and said, "No, no, Avi Grace." She pointed her finger right back at me and kept repeating, "No, no." As much as I tried not to, I couldn't help but laugh. So, when Drew got home that night, I let her show him what she had learned!! Too cute.

I also forgot to tell y'all that the week we got back from our San Francisco trip, Avi had some interesting days at daycare! I picked her up on that Wednesday after we got back, and she had an "incident" report that said she had scratched one of the little boy's face that day! The next day I picked her up, she had an "incident" report that said she had bitten one of the boys on the arm and then tried to bite another boy on the ear. Thankfully they caught her before she bit his ear, and they made her sit in time out and took her blanket away!! She and I had to have a little talk about biting and scratching at that point, needless to say! And, speaking of her blanket, we have always referred to it as her blankie, but she is now calling it boppy, so that is what her blanket is now officially known as, "boppy!" Anytime she gets upset or hurt, the first thing she says is, "boppy, boppy." It is sweet.

And, lastly, I am very thankful that she seems to be a pretty tough little girl. On Monday evening we were playing outside (enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather we have had since last Saturday), and I was trying to get the bubbles out for us. I couldn't get them open, so I told her I'd be right back ("bight back" as she likes to repeat). I ran inside to get the bubbles open and when I came back out, she was on the very top step of our back porch steps. I turned back around to let Drew open it completely, and the next thing I knew she had started tumbling down the stairs...all I could do was SCREAM loudly, which of course did nothing to help her. She slid down a few and then went heels over head and thankfully landed on her bottom at the bottom of the stairs. She cried hard for about a minute until we got boppy. THANK GOODNESS she did not hurt herself. She had a very minute scratch on her face, but otherwise she was good...WHEW, close call!

2 comments:

  1. Too cute! Can't wait to see her next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that someone else says No, No a lot too! It is hard not to laugh at them!

    ReplyDelete