Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mud Pies & Christmas Times

Well, we finished our Christmas adventures yesterday. Last  Saturday, the 20th, we had Christmas in Birmingham with Drew's mom's extended family. On Sunday, we did Christmas with Drew's mom and his brother Cory. Unfortunately Jonathan, Drew's other brother, was not able to join us because he had to be back in Atlanta for work on Sunday. On Thursday we did Christmas with my family at lunch. And, yesterday we did Christmas with Drew's dad. We were also missing Drew's stepsister, Susan, from Christmas yesterday. She is pregnant with twins and was unable to join us this year because she is due in the next month or so! Whew! It has been a whirlwind of a week, but we have had fun and we were blessed with a wonderful Christmas! I have a lot of other pictures to post from our Christmas times, but these were all taken yesterday, and I thought I would start with these. The first couple of pictures of Avi Grace were taken before we left our house yesterday! She loves to be outside, and she was just too cute in her dress for me not to take some picture of her!
She loves to sit in any chair, so here she is sitting in one of our patio chairs!

Um, yes, she also loves to STAND in any chair, and my commands for her to "sit down" were not working at this point!

It was such a nice day yesterday. In the afternoon it was about 72 degrees and sunny. We had a big time outside. Avi Grace enjoyed playing in her first mud puddles. I tried to keep her out of it for at least 10 minutes, and then I just gave up and took off her shoes and her pants and let her have at it! She had a big time.

As you can see she wanted to ride the 4-wheeler as well. Thankfully Uncle Cory was there and helped with that mission!

AND, we went down to the small creek that runs behind our house and let Avi Grace and Laura Leigh play in the water. The water was extremely cold, and Avi Grace didn't stay in it too long!

Uncle Cory and Avi Grace on the 4-wheeler.

Laura Leigh by the creek.

Laura Leigh, Uncle Cory, baby Walt and Avi Grace ALL on the 4-wheeler together!

Laura Leigh riding on the back of the 4-wheeler!

Avi Grace and her Grandaddy (Drew's dad) riding on the 4-wheeler.

Needless to say, we had a fun day yesterday. We thoroughly enjoyed the weather and the company! I hope all of you had as wonderful of a Christmas as we have had. I will post more Christmas pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures. I love that she is playing in mud puddles. I think that Carter would love that! They played with clay at school one day and I swear, I washed clay off that boy for three days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avi Grace is the cutest child! I need to add you to my Blog Buddies! Benjamin Harris and I had fun looking at your photos! I love the pics of her in the mud! I am sure Charli Marie will be doing the same thing in a few months; no telling what else she will get into with these big brothers of hers! See you at Heart Friends!

    ReplyDelete