Sunday, September 14, 2008

Daycare

Well, Avi Grace started daycare two weeks ago at the Creative Learning Center, which is at our church, First Baptist. The first week was pretty rough...for both of us!! There were a lot of tears...again from both of us! However, I must report that last week (the second week) went a lot better. It has been a huge adjustment for Avi Grace. Before starting daycare, she was taking 2 good naps a day. Sometimes on the weekends she would take 3 naps to get us through the day. At daycare, they only take one nap a day as one year olds. She really could still use 2 naps, but I guess you've got to do what you've got to do! On Friday she took her longest nap yet--an hour and 45 minutes! Woo Hoo! Most days it has been 45 minutes or so, so a longer nap will definitely help with her moods!


Judy Coffey, the wonderful person who has been keeping Avi Grace 3 days a week since January, took a part time job outside of her home. So, that is why we started daycare. We really miss Miss Judy! She was SUPER with Avi Grace, and AG loved her. I never thought twice about leaving her in the mornings. She was happy there, and we miss it. We also miss seeing Emma, Judy's granddaughter. Judy also kept Emma 2 days a week, and Emma and Avi Grace played well together! (The 2 pictures above are of Emma and Avi Grace and Judy and Avi Grace on AG's last day at Judy's house.) We miss you Miss Judy and Emma!

Avi Grace is a very social child, so she really enjoys playing with the other children in her class. She is the ONLY girl in her class! There are 4 boys and her! She will be bossing them around in no time, I am sure. She loves to take pacifiers out of Emma's mouth and the mouths of children that she sees at church! One of the kids at daycare took her blanket from her the other day when I was picking her up, and she didn't like that too much! I guess the boys will teach her a lesson on taking their pacifiers! 

So, for now we are still getting used to daycare. She was happy every day when I picked her up last week, and she only cried one morning when I dropped her off. So, I think we are doing pretty well! 

3 comments:

  1. oh you and kristen should talk!! Henry just started daycare 2 weeks ago, too. He has been kept by a nanny at his house his whole life, but he is just a little too wild now for that sweet little old lady! :)
    It was ROUGH the first week - more so for kristen, his grandparents and his aunts!!
    Sounds like you two are going through the same thing!

    AG is too cute! I wish I could meet her in person. I am sure she will adjust soon to her new routine.
    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the second week went better! Luke and I both went to CLC for years! I bet it was hard adjusting to one nap a day! I'll be thinking about both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love our daycare...and it does get some better...at least as "better" as leaving your child can ever be. I think that the nap thing goes in phases...sometimes Carter sleeps really well for a few weeks/month and then he boycotts naps! Just before he moved to the toddler room, it uncommon for him to have 1 45 min nap a day! Too short for the little guy! He is down to one now pretty regularly, but on the weekends, he will occasionally take 2!

    ReplyDelete