Saturday, August 2, 2008

Heart O Dixie


Last weekend Drew competed in the Heart O Dixie Triathlon. It started in Louisville at Lake Tiak-O'Khata with a 1/2 mile swim. Then they biked 27 miles to Philadelphia, MS, and finally they did a 7 mile run to the Neshoba County Fairgrounds. Drew did great...finished in 2 hours 52 minutes. I think he was proud of himself, and I was definitely proud of him. I couldn't have even THOUGHT about doing any of it! Here are a few pictures of Drew starting the bike ride. Our friend Jeanne Holland took these and sent them to me--thanks, Jeanne (I forgot my camera!). Anyway, I've spared you the pics of Drew in his Tri-shorts only...I'm sure he will appreciate that as well! Avi Grace stayed with Drew's mom while I went to support Drew in the Triathlon.


I took this picture of Avi Grace napping yesterday afternoon. It had gotten late, and I had to wake her up from her nap so she would still go to bed on time, and I got the sweetest picture of her in her bed sucking her thumb. Unfortunately she has been sick since Wednesday afternoon late. She started running a fever and I finally took her to the pediatrician on Friday morning. He said her throat looked horrible and she had some secondary ear troubles. She seems to be feeling a little better this afternoon, thankfully. I hope she is on the mend!

1 comment:

  1. Yea for Drew! Sorry Avi Grace hasn't been feeling well...we just finished a round of antibiotics for a double ear infection! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete