Friday, May 9, 2008

Daddy's Mishap

Well, before this morning I thought Daddy's were good for something (yes, I know that sounds harsh...keep reading). Last night I took dinner to a friend who had a baby a few weeks ago and then went to a movie with some friends. Drew stayed home with Avi Grace. When I left he had her in the Baby Bjorn and they were having a good time. He gave her a bath and got her dressed for bed and fed her a bottle. Then he put her down for the night as usual. When I got home she was sound asleep...it was great. However, this morning I was in the shower when he got her up to feed her. When I saw that she was up, I went over to tell her good morning and my conversation with Drew went like this:

Drew: " You are never going to guess what I did last night."
Kelli: "What?"
Drew: "When I put her sleeper on her last night and put her down, I forgot to put a diaper on her."
Kelli: "You did what?"
Drew: "I forgot to put a diaper on her. The whole bed is soaked and she was soaked when I went in to get her this morning."
Kelli: "You are kidding right????!!"
Drew: "No."
Kelli: "How in the world could you forget to put a diaper on the child?"
Drew: "Well, you didn't put a diaper out for me like you did the other stuff."

EXCUSE ME????? Did my husband and my child's father just try to blame that fact that he did not put a diaper on our child on me?? Could he be serious about this?? Yes, he was!

So, Avi Grace slept all night in wet clothes and in a wet bed. She never cried once. What a tough, or very sleep little girl, we have! I cannot believe that she never cried or did anything to let us know that she was wet. Oh my poor sweetheart. Needless to say I gave her a bath this morning! She didn't seem too traumatized about the event. I sure am glad Drew found her like that this morning instead of me! And, thankfully I keep a waterproof "sheet" on top of her regular sheet on her bed, so all I had to do was take that off and the bed was fine...thankfully!

All in all, Drew is a great Dad most of the time. Last night's mishap was just one of those you have to tell because it is so darn funny and amazing that he could have actually done that. I'm sure it won't be the last stupid thing either one of us does when it comes to raising our child! Hope you got a good laugh from that one!

Had to share! Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. That is hysterical. At least it is now. I wouldn't have thought so at the time--I am sure you didn't either. My initial question as I was reading was what you asked, "How do you FORGET to put a diaper on?" Mars and Venus, right? :) Glad Avi Grace didn't seem too bothered by it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny! Something you will never forget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so funny! Avi Grace felt so free that night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great story and a precious child! she probably wanted her parents to have a good night's sleep and didn't want to cry and let you know that she was diaper-less! :)
    love that story.

    ReplyDelete